Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chapters 1-3

I found the majority of the reading a bit difficult to understand. There were certain parts I had to re-visit to make sure I understood correctly in the first place. What I did get out of it is that Manovich has a distinguished view of new media, along with what I presume most older people do. As someone practically raised along with the growth of the internet and new media I think that nothing has changed much except for the enhancement of information and ways to gather it. The computer can be used for so much now that there isn't such a huge necessity to have to go out and grab a newspaper or watch the nightly or morning news. Almost everything you need to know is right at your fingertips.

As the newer generation makes its way and begins to take over whatever "new media" is, I believe that the evolution will remain constant.

4 comments:

  1. This is not a very satisfactory post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it has changed even though we grew up with it. Remember before FB? I do, we had landlines in the dorms! Used to call people...good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Zoe I remember. That was almost five years ago and ever since than it has skyrocketed to a completely different lifestyle. We were not as fixated on new media as we are now. At the time we came to college, Myspace was still big. I didn't have it on my phone though. Now I am one of those people who has both twitter and facebook on my phone. Comparing it to the way we grew up it is like a whole new world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i was getting my undergrad, only a few people had facebook at the time. Myspace was a bit bigger. Now, I dont even have a myspace.

    ReplyDelete